2018 Performers TBD
Not determined at this time. Please check back at a later date for the 2018 Musical Performers.
2017 Town Square Stage Performers:
These were our performers from 2017! Check them out!
- York Street Hustle
- Each week, ten musicians arrive at a former South Philadelphia funeral home where, one by one, they unload their old tube amps and vintage gear. Once inside, the classic sounds of the 1960s are reinvigorated, reenergized and reborn. Legends, like Stevie, Aretha and the Four Tops; lesser-known artists including Donny Hathaway, Arthur Conley and Betty Everett – all are given new life.In a few short years the York Street Hustle has gone from filling tiny South Street bars to repeated sell outs of WXPN’s World Cafe Live. Their repertoire now spans over 80 songs including more than a decade worth of Detroit, Memphis and Chicago soul. With grit, sweat, and attention to detail, The York Street Hustle is the Northeast’s premier 10-piece 1960s soul tribute.
- Tangerine Motors
- Tangerine Motors is the extraction of singer/songwriter Joseph Miles. This first collection of songs are bred from a hot Philadelphia summer and a mountain of self-revelation. This vessel of sketch-rock is sure to resonate in you and rattle your bones.
- Embarking on a new solo project Bucks County, PA based singer-songwriter Chris Archibald is creating music under the new moniker Archawah, his first endeavor as a solo artist. For Archibald a solo career will be a slight departure from his current stint with the indie-rock eclectics Illinois where he first published his works and has showcased his skills in creating genre rich music from indie-folk-rock to suburban soul for more than a decade. This genre spanning diverseness remains with Archawah for he has an assorted musical palette steeped in indie-rock but he can skillfully take on a wide array of genres with confidence and purpose. Wanting to show the world what it sounds like when Chris Archibald goes it alone Archawah is more than prepared for the opportunity.
- Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/artist/6VgFd23lHIS60aw7gmI4DQ
- Facebook – facebook.com/Archawah
- Steve Guyger Band (The Excellos)
- Philadelphia is home to one of the finest blues harp players in the world, much to the surprise of people not “inside” the blues scene. Over the past forty-plus years, 2009 Handy Award nominee Steve Guyger has been dishing out some of the finest blues to be heard anywhere. Whether in a duo, trio, or with his band, The Excellos, Steve always rocks the house.Steve has shared the stage with the greats in Chicago and the contemporary harp players touring the world today, names like Little Sammy Davis, Carey Bell, Rick Estrin, Rod Piazza, Kim Wilson, Mark Hummel, Charlie Musselwhite and many others. His playing, vocals, songwriting and stage presence have earned him a place among the best of the players on stage today. Steve still makes his home in Philly and can be seen on a regular basis at clubs in the tri-state area in addition to touring with the New Legends of the Blues All-Stars.
- Calla Bere and the Attitude
- Calla Bere & The Attitude is a blues rock group based in New Hope, Pennsylvania, USA. Formed in January 2017, the band is led by the powerful vocals and classic songwriting of Calla Bere (Ka-luh Behr), driven by Mastermind’s Rich Berends (Behr-enz) on drums and the Duane-Allman-influenced style of Kevin Rovner (Rove-ner) on guitar. The band is fresh on the scene and has released their first album in CD form, July 26, 2017!